The Media Director is responsible for the development and execution of national and local market media strategies. Responsibilities include the oversight, strategy, execution, tracking, and optimization of the company s media buys across various business units and channels including broadcast, cable, radio, print, out-of-home, integrations, etc. The candidate must have deep knowledge and experience in traditional and emerging media channels, and own and drive delivery of clearly measurable business results. This person should have high-level skills at both the strategic and tactical levels and superior relationship building and negotiation skills internally and externally. Candidate should have strength and significant experience in media planning/buying, project management, budgeting, and team management. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Marketing.
- Lead media strategy, tactical plan development, and implementation across brands.
- Responsible for the media planning, negotiation, and buying process for tv, radio, print, out-of-home, etc.
- Using a mixture of market research, analysis, pricing structures, and internal considerations, the Media Director is ultimately responsible for making sure ad campaigns have maximum reach for the best possible price.
- Provide strategic direction and oversee the development of lead-generation and brand-building media plans for national cable, local broadcast, print, radio, out-of-home, etc.
- Use tools and research to create overall media strategy which includes budget recommendations, target audience deep dive, media mix optimizations, and media flighting and weighting recommendations.
- Manage the strategy and negotiations for high value and/or complex packages, opportunities, integrations, etc.
- Build and maintain strong professional/interpersonal relationships with media sales community, ensuring the company is always positioned favorably.
- Formulates and recommends media strategy plans that generate measurable results, with a focus on new and emerging media opportunities to help drive the company s business.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- 10+ years relevant media experience as an established media leader in an agency and/or client-side with a proven track record of driving success and solutions that deliver results. You must be able to evaluate, plan and work with all viable media channels.
- 5-7 years experience leading and managing a team, cultivating their individual development and growth across different levels of associates.
- Excellent media planning abilities, particularly in broadcast, print, outdoor, digital, and radio, with oversight for $50M+ in spend.
- Resourceful with strong management skills and demonstrated team-leadership.
- Works well under pressure, thriving under tight deadlines.
- Can easily work with a wide range of people, including salespeople, senior management, and your own staff.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees, vendors and senior leadership. Ability to write concise, reasoned, and inspired strategy recommendations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities, with an orientation to details. Ability to resolve problems at both the strategic and execution levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. Exhibit ability to organize thoughts, communicate clearly, completely, and concisely.
- Possesses strong project management skills and has the ability to work well within a team environment and individually.
- Demonstrates strong command of media research and analytics concepts, resources, capabilities, and limitations.
- Understanding and knowledge of online and offline marketing channels (Print, PPC, SEO, email marketing, etc.)