Salon Manager-Tiger Town - Store 379- Ulta Beauty
Compensation: $73,810.00 - $202,750.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Salon Manager (SM) is responsible for leading through Ulta Beauty s mission, vision, and values in order to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers sales growth in hair and skin services. The SM leads a team of designers and is accountable for all aspects of the services business, including service sales, guest satisfaction, and operational process. This leader drives his/her business through a focus on performance (service sales and in-store events), people (guest satisfaction and associate training), and process (operating procedures and compliance standards). This position requires a drive for results, a passion for the beauty industry, exceptional guest service, and the aptitude to learn and teach service technique and product knowledge.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
The SM is a champion of Ulta Beauty s mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
- Meet or exceed goals related to services sales and operational excellence.
- Execute salon events that deliver an unrivaled guest experience while delivering on services sales and payroll goals.
- Build a team that embodies the Ulta Beauty brand by delivering exceptional service and coaching to the behaviors of the Ulta Beauty at your Service program while additionally driving guest loyalty.
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including salon visit and audit results.
- Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Train, coach, and develop designers using company programs, tools, and resources.
- Execute monthly Empower Hour meetings with designers
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of designers and ensure all designers are attending Ulta Beauty training programs and classes
- Establish professional peer and brand partner relationships that foster a shared interest in collaboratively delivering on service sales goals.
- Promote a culture of service excellence amongst the leadership team and cross functional service partners by sharing best practices, establishing priorities, and providing support in other service areas.
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with Ulta Beauty policies, procedures, and standards
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance to Infection Control Policy
- Use the company s scheduling tool as directed to create and adjust schedules that support service sales growth
- Manage salon supply inventory, including ordering product, managing orders within allocated budget and ensuring products necessary for services are on hand
- Use the company s task management tool as directed to prioritize and execute store workload, including product and marketing resets, pricing updates, inventory related tasks, cleaning, and replenishment.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-user adoption.
- Cosmetology school graduate
- Ability to work behind the chair up to 60% of the time
- 5 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Financial management: success with driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expense
- Advanced competency in salon sales, product and services
- Demonstrated knowledge of State Board of Cosmetologists regulations and hiring requirements
- Leadership management: experience with attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change and leading others through the change-curve, developing collaborative relationships with others, and leading and influencing
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g., POS system, Microsoft Office programs, and Apple devices)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with moving parts
- Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous situations, and be flexible/adaptable
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Cosmetology license
- 2 years salon management experience, management license as required by state law
- Work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Attend offsite meetings (may require overnight travel)
- Continuous mobility throughout the store on a daily basis
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis
- Stoop, kneel, and crouch on a daily basis
- Climb a ladder and maintain balance on a daily basis
Associated topics: body, clinical, designer, hair, licensed, makeup artist, medical, nail, nail technician, waxing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...