Sr Space Planner- Ulta Beauty
Ulta Beauty in Bolingbrook, IL
- Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations - Marketing Director
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $122,260.00 - 195,330.00 / Year*
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof All Things Beauty, All in One Place . We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sr. Space Planner works cross-functionally; ensuring planograms for merchandise transitions, new stores and special projects meet corporate standards. Delivers quality control measures for execution of planograms, dictated by ULTA strategic visions. The Sr. Space Planner maintains planograms for full-chain using JDA Space Planning software.
Create merchandising planograms, providing stores direction on placement of product, shelf fixtures, sign holders and other collateral material that align with Ulta s strategies and goals
- Assign and merchandise SKU-planogram assortments for all merchandise transitions, brand realignments, brand introductions, promotional events, and special projects in JDA Space Planning.
- Manage project timelines for planograms, ensuring adherence of merchandise transition timelines. Communicate milestone dates and Space Planning deliverables to merchant, Floor Planning, Store Design, Store Operations, and Visual Marketing partners.
- Participate in the development of new brand and category launches with brands and merchandising teams.
- Monitor accuracy of up to 300 planograms by using extensive validation reports in CKB, Excel and Access. Provide quality control measures for data to feed to SWIFT, MIA, DOM, BI HANA, Pricing and SAP.
- Provide cross functional partners space management criteria including in depth product assortment assignment reviews for specific categories. Engage merchant, floor planning team and visual merchandising with pre-planning deliverables, including store-planogram assignments, recommended product flow adjacencies, and space analytics.
- Improve capabilities, and enhance reporting suite in CKB-JDA Space Planning, in partnership with Merchandise Operations. Build software tools such as space automation scripts, analysis reports, highlights and tables.
- Provide project guidance and training to Space Planners, one-on-one training, and maintenance of training documentation.
- Provide What s Changed Add/Delete Report, IC/Assortment Reports, and fixture distribution lists.
- Maintain current planograms and presentation standards at the mock store.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, strong in Excel (Vlookup and Pivot Tables required)
Proficient in CKB-JDA Space Planning
Familiarity with JDA Floor Planning and SAP preferred
Familiarity with Microsoft Access
Retail experience in a multi-unit specialty chain required
Superior organizational abilities
Expected 40 hour work week with quarterly visits to local stores and occasional visits to stores in other markets
Supervisory and leadership capabilities
Ability to drive projects and manage project teams
Problem solving & troubleshooting capabilities
Ability to analyze store performance metrics
Associated topics: brand, communications, digital, freelance, investment, media, news, publicist, research, roi
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!