Student employees assigned to this classification work under general supervision. This means that definite work objectives are set for the employee but methods of performing the tasks are frequently left to the judgment of the employee with occasional instruction or advice provided by the supervisor. The frequency of review by the supervisor depends on the difficulty and complexity of the assignment or on the impact or result of the work performed. While the supervisor is again responsible for the general assignment of work, less control may be exercised over the flow for work and instructions given may be more general in nature. The employee is responsible for the results of the work. Jobs assigned to this level usually require some previous experience, education, or specialized skill.
The duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Instrumental in creating and organizing content for UNT Dallas publications, webpages, and social media for both internal and external audiences.
* Writing and social media assignments.
* Event photography and video-shoot assistance.
* Administrative duties will include content management on the UNT Dallas website, digital-sign creation, and interacting with faculty and staff throughout the course of a marketing communications project.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.Minimum Qualifications
Currently enrolled University student in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree or certification program. Applicants must possess the following:
* Excellent customer service skills, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Some knowledge of office practices and procedures.
* Demonstrated ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions accurately.
* Good interpersonal skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds.
* Responsible, reliable and punctual.
* Ability to learn assigned tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines, and to develop some skill in the operation of common office equipment.Preferred Qualifications
* Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere)
* Experience with photography, video, website design or writing for press or publications.
* Actively involved on campus and excited about UNT Dallas' missions and values.Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Associated topics: blogging, communication, communication specialist, content, correspondent, investigative, newsperson, publication, writer, writing