At Vanguard, we're taking a stand for investors. This means providing clients with a world-class experience each and every time we connect. As a leader in Financial Advisor Services (FAS), you'll develop and lead the go-to-market sales strategy, building strategic and operational alignment, especially between Sales, Marketing, and Offer teams. Your impact in one of our larger, most profitable functions will be highly visible as you make this new position your own. The FAS Division has $2Trilliion in assets and works with many of the largest financial institutions across all intermediary channels including Broker Dealers, Banks, Registered Investment Advisors, and Insurance companies. Are you ready to make it count?
In this role you will:
* Execute the go-to-market strategy within the Sales organization and drive operational and strategic alignment between the Offer, Marketing and Sales teams.
* Conduct rigorous market research and obtaining information from various internal and external stakeholders in order to help be an input to the design of the divisional strategy and drive the sales strategy.
* Drive accountability and clear alignment between the day-to-day operation of sales and the division's long-term objectives by coordinating the sales business planning process, establishing and maintaining appropriate business review forums and operational committees.
* Work with business analysts and various partners to keep abreast of industry research, news, and trends throughout the year. Establish a systematic process through which we can collect feedback and input from the Sales resources. Report out findings or recommendations as needed.
* Translate data into action. Partner across the division and enterprise to monitor industry practices, studying and drawing insights from emerging marketplace trends, technologies, and processes.
* Cultivate relationships with senior leaders and their teams that help you move objectives forward, ensuring successful adoption.
* Collaborate with senior leaders and stakeholders from Sales, Information Technology, Marketing, Analytics, Strategy and Development, Legal, Data and other parts of the Vanguard organization to help craft the overall direction of the organization and appropriately align the functions within FAS Sales Operations organization with the division's goal and direction.
* Hire, develop and lead crew, building a strong team atmosphere. Conduct regular one-on-one meetings and providing mentorship, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff to help them reach their full potential.
* Be the advocate and voice for Sales Strategy and Operations within the FAS organization and across the enterprise. Participate on or chair various types of governance committees. Effectively communicating and deliver presentations to executive audiences.
Step forward with a market leader
Your strategic mind, consulting savvy, and success at influencing senior partners helps you stand up new organizational functions and maximize impact. You can connect the dots between the vision and the function of the sales team, making sure a clear direction aligns to longer-term goals. You have a passion for people leadership and a knack for developing others.
What it takes
* Minimum of eight years related work experience. Five years of experience in sales process management preferred.
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
* Ability to quickly develop a command of new concepts, including big data/data analytics/business intelligence, marketing measurement/ROI; complete multiple and diverse assignments with the highest level of accuracy and quality.
* Demonstrated skills in people leadership, strategic thinking, and project management and prioritizing work.
* Lead a diverse group of professionals and skilled at working through others along with experience in building and leading teams.
* Superior organizational and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully up, down and sideways in the organization.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills to senior management.
* The ability to work in an ad-hoc/dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent time-sensitive deadlines.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: \"Do the right thing.\"
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success. Associated topics: broker, brokerage, buy, commodities, equity, fiduciary, financial, purchase, sell, s p
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.