Senior Marketing Manager (Acquisition Marketing)
at Varsity Tutors Remote
Overview of Position
Varsity Tutors is seeking a versatile Senior Marketing Manager to help manage, enhance, and develop the companys customer acquisition strategies. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, highly analytical, results-oriented, have a strong bias for action, and be intellectually curious. The Sr. Marketing Manager will be responsible for helping to scale key channels such as paid social marketing (i.e. Facebook), affiliate, PPC/paid search, display, or other channels.
Varsity Tutors is a fast growing education technology company that is revolutionizing how people learn with new and innovative technology. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. Varsity Tutors recently closed a $50M Series C funding round, bringing its total funding to $107M. The round was led by Learn Capital, with participation from The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and existing investor TCV, which will enable Varsity Tutors to further its vision of seamlessly connecting experts and learners in any subject, anywhere, at any time. Come join our fast growing team and help change how the world learns!
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; Advanced Excel and basic SQL experience is preferred.
- Experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
- Deep and abiding love for figuring out how things work, then relentlessly testing and optimizing to drive desired outcomes.
- Creative and technically inclined with a bias for scaling programs through algorithmic and automated solutions.
- Experience managing and driving multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail.
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel.
- Bonus points for strategic development and management of demand generation, lead management, channel development, and product/market segmentation strategies.
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Identify, experiment with, prove out, and scale acquisition channels
- Create strategies to engage leads and convert them to customers.
- Drive learning and optimization of funnel through experimentation, creative iteration, and A/B testing.
- Pull data, analyze, and communicate results. Pivot or shift approaches when necessary in response to what you learn.
- When needed, collaborate with design, marketing, engineering, and BI teams.
- Once acquisition channels are proven, work with engineering to optimize, scale, and automate.
- Can own acquisition programs end-to-end, including integrating with third-party APIs. (INDHP)
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- PTO, Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday (for your birthday!)
- VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture.
Varsity Tutors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer! We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age,race, color,creed,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mentaldisability,pregnancy,childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Varsity Tutors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.