Product Manager, Academic Programs
Walden University in Columbia, MD
- Industry: Information Technology - Project And Product Manager
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $153,080.00 - 153,080.00 / Year*
The Product Manager will be responsible for developing product positioning, product launches, marketing strategies, market opportunity analysis, and uncovering opportunities to drive leads and enrollments for individuals seeking degrees. He/she will also be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day product management activities for select product line(s) for the business to ensure revenue goals and budgets are met. Successful Product Managers will also be able to juggle multiple priorities and demands in order to achieve a positive outcome for the business. Successful Product Managers are able to demonstrate an ability to communicate interpersonally with a wide range of stakeholders and grasp differing viewpoints clearly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve existing program performance using both internal program performance data (such as course evaluations and retention) and external market information (such as competitive intelligence and industry data).
- Address issues of concern when budgets are not met and seek to make improvements
- Identify and model opportunities to improve performance and profitability
- Develop a deep understanding of individuals seeking degrees. Understanding includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Competition in marketplace
- Target market understanding of:
- Education requirements
- Decision making process and criteria
- Information absorption/processing preferences
- Communication style and needs
- Target market career needs
- Industry characteristics and expectations concerning education and professional development.
- Identify, recommend, and develop potential market opportunities based on the above criteria.
- Collaborate with product development in concept development phase of new product development process and champion ideas through the process.
- Based on market understanding, develop effective communicate strategies to influence their decisions regarding educational advancement opportunities.
- Develop and manage marketing strategies and set direction for campaigns, ensure all parties are in place to execute the plans, manage budgets, inquiries, enrollment, attrition tracking and forecasting for the campaigns
- Responsible for ensuring the business plans are executed and results are analyzed for future direction. Requires ability to understand and manage P&Ls, budgets, and market research data implications.
- Work with internal shared channel resources to define market channel application, set goal goals, and achieve sales projections.
- Work with marketing counterparts to develop strategies and set direction for campaigns, ensure all parties are in place to execute the plans, manage budgets, inquiries, enrollment, attrition tracking and forecasting for the campaigns.
- Collaborate with internal marketing services team to develop and execute marketing tactics and collateral sales materials.
- Collaborate with Research and Analysis team to articulate high-level strategic questions to help guide the data collection and reporting process.
- Lead the process to respond to competitive and market trend analyses, ensuring that strategic decisions are data driven.
- Develop and coordinate market research and segmentation activities including focus groups, surveys, customer interviews and preliminary research
- Take ownership of assigned products and contribute as a team player by applying strong leadership skills and building a high performance, cross-functional team environment.
- Develop strategic and effective working relationships with current/prospective university partners.
- Collaborate with management team to project impact of marketing campaigns on service department (e.g., Sales, Finance, Operations, Academics, etc.) to ensure high quality student experience.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of related Marketing experience, with special interest in the higher education experience, including demonstrated experience with market research and competitive intelligence gathering methods, and marketing to B2B and B2C.
- Demonstrating a track record of managing and executing outbound promotions through printed material, web content and special events.
- Knowledge of product and project management principles, practices, methods, and terminology.
- Skilled in planning, organizing, and project management.
- Skilled in budget development and management.
- Understanding of business analysis tools and methods.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Able to drive the product management process with diplomacy and enthusiasm.
- Advanced critical thinking, analysis, and synthesis skills.
- Intermediate skills in budget development and management preferred.
- Proficient with intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and Internet software.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Travel 10-15% of the time.
- Ability to transport laptop computer during travel.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!