Compensation: $77,920.00 - $127,920.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
With over 63 years of experience hosting large spectator events Watkins Glen International (WGI) currently hosts the Finger Lakes Wine Festival as well as numerous professional and club motorsports events including the internationally televised Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. WGI, part of International Speedway Corporation, is seeking a qualified, entry-level consumer marketing coordinator.POSITION SUMMARY
The Marketing Coordinator
will play a key role in the promotion of Watkins Glen International through various mediums including social media, digital advertising, and email marketing efforts.
This position is a great opportunity for those looking to break into the sports industry or for those just starting their career and looking to take on more responsibility. The role will allow you to gain experience in all facets of the industry while offering immense career and personal growth.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and maintain social media marketing platforms with focus on potential trends and changes in the digital marketplace.
- Maintain yearly email-marketing calendar and coordinate email-marketing communications.
- Manage detailed event weekend activity schedules for all events.
- Assist with updates to Watkins Glen International official mobile apps.
- Gain knowledge of FanMax & FanTracker software to assist in consumer marketing efforts.
- Research and book bands for event weekends & facilitate staging/PA requirements.
- Assist with updates to Watkins Glen International owned websites.
- Liaise with a graphic designer to facilitate the creation of event marketing materials.
- Coordinate with internal Marketing, Ticketing and Partnership Marketing teams for messaging on the website and social media platforms to ensure the fulfillment of contractual obligations.
- Other duties as assigned by senior management.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited program; Emphasis in marketing, communications, or digital media preferred
- 1 3 years of professional work experience, preferably with a sports team, facility or marketing agency
- Experience operating video camera and using editing software a plus
- Passion for sports and interest in a career within sports & entertainment
- Personable and articulate; Internal and external customer service focus
- Excellent verbal and written skills; team player that works well with others
- Available to work evenings and weekend events when necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...