Senior Technical Product Manager, Data Science Systems
Wayfair customer's experience is increasingly driven by a cutting-edge set of machine learning systems that interact in complex ways to ensure that we are using our rich datasets to their full potential. Business applications of these learning systems span many fields including recommendations, marketing, and merchandising. These fields require a sophisticated technology stack that allows for complex machine learning models combined with configurability for rapid testing and exploration. A successful system will use technological synergies across the disparate business problems and build a unified platform for data science at Wayfair. We are looking for a seasoned technical product manager to accelerate the development of that system.
The data science systems technical product manager will play a central role in developing our machine learning capabilities across marketing, recommendation and merchandising fields. You'll have a variety of stakeholders and partners in both engineering and data science. You will work with them to understand our customer pain points, our internal business KPIs, and our current technical gaps to develop a platform that advances our ability to delight the customer. You'll translate business asks into sensible technical specifications for your engineering team, making smart trade-offs between time and complexity to develop MVPs. You'll serve as the subject matter expert on the platform, push for adoption for new use cases, and continually expand our machine learning capabilities. Responsibilities:
- Be the subject matter expert and owner of your products
- Prioritize many requests and ideas for features by understanding the business value and impact, weighed against the risks and development cost
- Maintain a product vision and roadmap, keeping stakeholders and constituents up to date on the top level goals and timelines
- Market your product internally to various departments to ensure all available users know about your product and how they could value from it
- Translate business initiatives into engineering stories/tickets, allowing engineering to run with your ideas
- Deeply understand the technology used in your products, the strong and weak points, and become an expert at what is available
- Regularly communicate our quarterly/monthly goals and progress to keep business stakeholders apprised of your work and product progress
- 6+ years of product experience in the digital space, preferably ecommerce or recommender systems
- Demonstrable ability to be technically hands-on, up to architecting high-level system plans (no coding)
- Proven SQL knowledge - can use SQL to pull ad hoc data when necessary
- Understanding of Data Science and Machine Learning fields on a high level
- Understanding of the Ad Tech industry
- Drive to deliver amazing products and features on or before schedule
- Ability to work across several stakeholder groups and juggle many large initiatives simultaneously
- Experience working with a large engineering team, running their sprints, stand-ups, and backlog
- Strong communications skills to build materials to drive adoption around product
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task