The Assistant Buyer will provide routine administrative support for the Product Division for the Global Procurement Operation (GPO) Headquarters. The Assistant Buyer will be responsible to keep track of all products coming in to Company. The Assistant Buyer will also be responsible to support the division to achieve sales goal while working in collaboration with the GPO Associates, GPO Operation Staff, and Branch offices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that each customer, client and vendor received outstanding customer service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting and assisting every customer, maintaining outstanding product knowledge and all other components of customer service.
- Responsible for coordination, transfer and appropriate translation of all technical documentation required to support the Company product line among branches in the world.
- Translate written and oral communications from English to Japanese; and Japanese to English for all levels of the business relationship, including administration and management.
- Maintain document control for specification sheets/ manufacture processing sheets, including storing, verifying and translating obtain and maintain from makers.
- Maintain and track sales and inventory results.
- Monitor and maintain vendor account management including but not limited to claim merchandise expense, invoicing, and confirmation of payment.
- Responsible to set-up, establish and monitor a cooperative response system to register items into the Oracle System.
- Obtain specification sheet of each product from vendors, check for leaks and errors of content and submit to Food Safety Department
- Responsible checking whether or not the content of private brand (PB) products complies with FDA rules.
- Support GPO Associates and managers and collaborate with marketing staff to achieve sales target and objectives.
- Retriever data from Business Intelligence (BI) data base if necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Japanese / English bilingual
- Moderate Excel Skills